Sunday

I've Got Your Number

Guilty pleasure confession time: I love Sophie Kinsella's books.  Shopaholic? Obvi. She writes [Brit] Chick Lit at its finest and always has a quirky, half-crazy, yet lovable heroine.

"I've never shared an inbox with someone in my life. It's as if we're suddenly sharing an underwear drawer, or something"

In I've Got Your Number, Kinsella writes about a physiotherapist named Poppy Wyatt.  In one night, Poppy loses her engagement ring and her mobile phone.  Amidst the panic, she finds a discarded phone in a garbage can.

Turns out the phone belongs to one Sam Roxton, businessman. Poppy and Sam end up sharing the phone and joining in on each other's lives through texts and forwarded emails.



Far-fetched? Yes. Figured it all out way before Poppy did? Definitely.  Loved it? Read it all in one sitting? Devoured it like a bag of popcorn at the movies? You'd better believe I did.

A must-read if you are a fan of Kinsella, and a recommendation if you are a fan of Chick Lit.

♥ Meg xoxo

PS. Poppy's obsessed with footnotes. Kinsella uses them as if Poppy herself is writing the book. I kind of loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Did love that one- Wish I could be in England and have that happen *sigh

    Might have pinned on Pinterest too

    ReplyDelete