Thursday

Beachy memories...

Whenever I went camping in the summer as a child, I would inevitably wear my shoes in the river or pond and be stuck wearing boots for the rest of my trip.  I mean, there was something about searching in wet areas for bugs or fish; pretty rocks or shells; driftwood or fossils, that I loved. 

Dress: UO or Anthro // Cardigan: Old Navy //

At the beach today, I found myself rocking [cowboy] boots... while searching near the water's edge for any signs of life. As I hitched up my long, flimsy dress, and bent down to look in the water, I was transported back to my childhood. I had traded my two long braids and rubber boots, for one side-braid and cowboy boots, but I still felt a huge sense of wonder.  What was I hoping to find in the murky bay water?

Boots: Target // 

I still love this kind of rocky beach.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I like sandy beaches in the summer. But, there is something cool about looking through all of the rocks, driftwood, and other treasures in the dunes.  I used to come home from summer camp with my pockets filled with special rocks and pieces of wood that I loved.  There's this one photo of me, taken at Brownie camp, with both of my shoelaces untied, arms and hands laden with nature's gifts. Sometimes, at a beach like this one, I'm still that 6 year old girl looking for beauties to bring home.

Boots: Target // Dress: UO or Anthro // Cardigan: Old Navy // Necklace: Tiffany's //

Go out and discover nature today.  Remember what it was like to be amazed by the smallest things.  And remember to wear your boots when exploring the great unknown.


I'm on my way...
♥ Meg xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment